It is common to face iTunes sign in problem while they released a newer version of iTunes or iOS. There are so many causes, by which people can’t enter their iTunes store. But before finding these causes, users should follow these as a primary solving way.
- To get best result of accessing iTunes store from computer, latest version of iTunes update is important.
- For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users, iOS up to date is must be required.
If you face same problem after completing these requirements, then you should follow the step to solve this problem:
iTunes sign in problems (solutions for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch):
- Firstly you need to ensure that your iOS software is up to date. You can check it from your devices summery page in iTunes.
- In this step you need to check and verify for a Wi-Fi router or base station. For 3G device needs to turn on cellular data. Enter setting option then General setting and finally Cellular setting for turn on Cellular. Remember that, 3G is not suitable for downloading larger data or files.
- May be needed resetting your Wi-Fi router for several to solve this sign-in process.
- Before connecting your device to any internet access like Wi-Fi or 3G, you need to check your device models. For example: iPod touch models support 802.11b/g Wi-Fi networks but iPhone 4 and iPod touch (4G) support 802.11n Wi-Fi networks.
iTunes sign in problems (solutions for Windows):
- It is necessary to update iTunes to its latest version. So, if you have not done, then complete this requirement before finding any others problem.
- In Windows XP Service pack 2, Widows Firewall is enabled. So, you need to configure Windows Firewall to allow iTunes as it can access the iTunes Store. Also same allowance is required for Windows Vista and 7.
- You should avoid proxies to getting easily access to the iTunes.
- There is a specific error problem which will send by via Messages. If you face these types of problem then you need some advanced technical solutions that will discuss later.
If you have not able to access to the iTunes for more than one day but others are not facing this problem, then your access to the iTunes Store is blocked by software or internet service provider configuration issue.
iTunes sign in problems (solutions for Mac):
- Firstly same as update to the latest version and then you need to check firewall. Your setting can prevent you from connecting to the iTunes Store. To configure your firewall, follow these steps:
1st step: Chose System Preferences from the Apple menu and then for Mac OS X v10.5 and v10.6, click Security. For Mac OS X v10.4, you need to click Sharing.
2nd step: Click to the firewall tab and then make changes and enter your admin password, if password change has required.
3rd step: In this step, reduce the restrictions on access in the firewall and test the issue.
4th step: Repeat the 3rd step several times if the issue have not solved.
- Don’t avoid resetting keychain because it is an occasional issue to the connection of iTunes.
- Also you may receive a specific error message which can prevent to access you to your iTunes Store.